Keeping an exhaust system clean not only helps to move grease vapors and smoke out of a commercial kitchen, but it also reduces the chance of having a grease fire develop in the system. Grease builds up over time and can become very thick in the duct work of an exhaust system. When the grease gets over-heated, a fire can result. The fire can burn for awhile before anyone even notices it and it can easily spread to other parts of the building.
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, a programmable thermostat can save you up to 15 percent off of your annual heating and cooling bills. The nice thing about a programmable thermostat is that you can set once at the beginning of each season and leave it alone. Replacing an old-style thermostat that you have to manually control with a new programmable one is not that difficult – even a novice do-it-yourselfer should be able to do it by themselves.
Keeping your fireplace clean is essential in order to prevent accidental fires. The buildup on the interior walls of your fireplace is called creosote and is highly flammable. By keeping your fireplace maintained and following some simple steps, you will be protecting your home and family. This will allow you to enjoy sitting in front of your fireplace without having to worry about an accident occurring.
Use These Materials
plastic tarps flashlight rubber gloves wire brush bucket of soapy water 1 cup of bleach 1 cup of vinegar bucket of plain water sponge broom mop Scrape Off Loose Creosote And Soot